The Textiles & Materiality Research Cluster offers three different student member grants:
- Travel Grant (1-year) – up to $400 within North America, up to $700 International
- Individual Research Grant (1-year) – up to $800
- Seed Grant (Team Funding) (1-year) – up to $1500 for two applicants, up to $2000 for three or more applicants
NEXT GRANT DEADLINE: April 2018 (exact date TBD)
Eligibility: Students must be actively engaged T&M Cluster members and registered at Concordia University in order to qualify for grants. Students must have been an active member of the TM Cluster for a minimum of 3 months before applying.
Grants are intended for students who are committed to Textiles & Materiality as their primary cluster. If T&M is not the primary cluster and special circumstances apply, students may write a one-page letter of request to the T&M Director justifying an exception to this rule. The letter must be received two weeks prior to the application deadline.
The maximum number of grants awarded in one academic year (June 1 to May 31) are: one Team Grant OR one Individual Grant, PLUS one Travel Grant. The maximum amount of awards for all years of an individual’s program is $3000. Final reports for one research grant held must be filed before a second research grant can be applied for.
Students graduating within three months of the grant deadline(s) will not be eligible. Grant selection is through an adjudication committee consisting of faculty members active in the T&M cluster.
Students reapplying for new grants must first have completed the Final Report Form for the previous grant awarded (see below for link to online form).
- Download the required application Cover Sheet here. This is required for all grant applications.
- Download the description of the Travel Grant here.
- Download the description of the Individual Research Grant here.
- Download the description of the Seed Grant (Team Funding) here.
- Fill out the Final Report Form here (for grant recipients only) within one month of the project completion.
For more information on grant eligibility or upcoming deadlines, please contact us.
Winners of the fourth round of grants included: Alexandra Bachmayer and Vanessa Mardirossian with collaborators WhiteFeather Hunter and Geneviève Moisan (Seed/ Team). More on their project here.
Winners of the third round of grants included: Donna Legault (Travel) and Nicholas Shulman (Individual). More on their projects, here.
Winners of the second round of grants included: MJ Daines (Individual) and Donna Legault (Individual). More info on these winning projects, here.
Winners of the first round of grants included: WhiteFeather Hunter (Travel – International), Nicholas Shulman (Individual), RythÂ Kesselring and Geneviève Moisan (Seed/ Team), Sophia Borowska with collaborators Marlon Kroll and Cedric Laurenty (Seed/ Team). More info on these grant winners and their projects here.